Coronavirus information and support
On this page:
There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
If you have any of these 3 Covid-19 symptoms, even if mild, use this service to get a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test as soon as possible:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
You should also book a PCR test if you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive.
You can also call 119.
In Hackney there are a number of PCR testing sites:
- Dalston, Bentley Road Car Park, N1 4BZ (open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm – you can also collect a box of rapid tests to use at home at any time)
- Hackney Central, Mare Street, E9 6ND (open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm – you can also collect a box of rapid tests to use at home at any time)
- Homerton, Hackney Marshes Centre, E9 5PF (open 3 days a week, 9am-1.30pm)
- Stamford Hill, Rookwood Road test centre (former bus garage), London N16 6SD (open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm – you can also collect a box of rapid tests to use at home at any time)
There’s also a testing centre nearby that residents can use:
- Stamford Hill Primary Nursery Berkeley Rd, Haringey N15 6HD (7 days 8am-8pm)
Rapid Covid-19 tests are free and provide results within 30 minutes.
There are a number of ways you can access rapid tests:
- by ordering home testing kits to your home. See order a home test kit below
- by collecting home testing kits from a collection point, such as a pharmacy, community centre, or testing centre. Use the NHS Covid-19 test and vaccination site finder tool, or read the section below
- by visiting a rapid testing centre. Please don’t visit a rapid (lateral flow) test site if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been notified that you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive. In either of these cases, please book a PCR test or visit a PCR test site
As a Hackney resident or business, you can find information, support and advice to keep your community safe.