Coronavirus information and support
On this page:
- Government and NHS latest advice
- Coronavirus vaccination rollout
- Get a PCR test if you have Covid-19 symptoms
- Get a rapid (lateral flow) test if you don’t have symptoms
- City and Hackney Coronavirus data
- Find information, support and advice
- Guidance for organisations and business
- City and Hackney Covid-19 local outbreak control plan
National restrictions apply
There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild, it is important that you get a PCR test.
You must self-isolate immediately, even before you take a test and receive a result. You must not attend medical appointments, other than to get a PCR test.
From Friday 9 April everyone in the UK is being encouraged to get tested for Covid-19 twice a week.
As national restrictions ease, rapid testing is a critical way to reduce the spread and keep us on track with the roadmap out of lockdown.
Rapid Covid-19 tests are free and provide results within 30 minutes.
If you don’t already access rapid testing through an educational setting, or workplace, there are a number of ways you can access rapid tests:
- by ordering home testing kits to your home. See order a home test kit below
- by collecting home testing kits from a collection point, such as a pharmacy, community centre, or testing centre. Use the NHS Covid-19 test and vaccination site finder tool, or read the section below
- by visiting a rapid testing centre
As a Hackney resident or business, you can find information, support and advice to keep your community safe.
Step by step instructions to keep your setting safe and to know what to do in the event of symptomatic cases of Covid-19 in your setting.