Coronavirus information and support
Find information and advice about the help available during the coronavirus pandemic.
On this page:
- Government and NHS latest advice
- Coronavirus vaccination rollout
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Get tested if you don't have symptoms - book a rapid test
- City and Hackney Coronavirus data
- Find information, support and advice
- Guidance for organisations and business
- City and Hackney Covid-19 local outbreak control plan
National restrictions apply
There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild, it is important that you get a test.
From Friday 9 April everyone in the UK is being encouraged to get tested for Covid-19 twice a week.
As national restrictions ease, rapid testing is a critical way to reduce the spread and keep us on track with the roadmap out of lockdown.
Rapid Covid-19 tests are free and provide results within 30 minutes.
You must arrive at the test site wearing a face covering, unless you’re exempt or have a reasonable excuse (according to the latest government guidelines). If you’re exempt, you should be permitted to enter the test site and perform the test.
You can collect a rapid test kit, without an appointment, from many Hackney pharmacies – find your nearest on our map:
As a Hackney resident or business, you can find information, support and advice to keep your community safe.
Step by step instructions to keep your setting safe and to know what to do in the event of symptomatic cases of Covid-19 in your setting.