Coronavirus information and support
Find information and advice about the help available during the coronavirus pandemic.
On this page:
- Government and NHS latest advice
- Coronavirus vaccination rollout
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Get tested if you don't have symptoms - book a rapid test
- Number of coronavirus cases, deaths and people tested in Hackney and City of London
- Find information, support and advice
- Guidance for organisations and businesses
- City and Hackney Covid-19 local outbreak control plan
National lockdown: stay at home
You must now stay at home, and only leave your home for specific reasons, such as:
- shopping for essential items and medicine
- to travel to work, but only if you can’t work from home
- to seek medical help, get tested or get vaccinated
- to escape domestic abuse
There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild, it is important that you get a test.
If you need to leave your home to work or volunteer and don’t have Covid-19 symptoms, you can get a rapid test.
You’ll get the result on the same day and the tests are available to anyone who needs to leave their home for work or volunteering, including critical workers, carers, tradespeople and essential retail workers.
We encourage frequent testing if you’re unable to work from home.
If you’re in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, don’t book a rapid test, self-isolate for 10 days in line with the government guidance.
As a Hackney resident or business, you can find information, support and advice to keep your community safe.
Step by step instructions to keep your setting safe and to know what to do in the event of symptomatic cases of Covid-19 in your setting.