One Account unavailable
One Account is currently running slowly. We’re working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Carers’ direct payments
Carers’ direct payments help eligible carers maintain their own health and wellbeing while carrying on in their role as a carer. If you’re undertaking an assessment or review, please note that the request for a carers direct payment must be linked to the carer’s needs and the ability to sustain their caring role.
Who can request a carer’s direct payment?
- a carer aged 18 and over
- carers who provide or intend to provide a substantial amount of care on a regular basis for another individual aged 18 or over;
- the person that the carer is caring for is receiving or is eligible to receive community care services
What can I use them for?
You can put carers’ direct payments towards things like:
- a short break
- a washing machine if you wash cared-for person’s clothes
- massage or reflexology treatments
- driving lessons – your care manager will discuss with you whether you have access to a vehicle and can afford to pay the tax, insurance and petrol costs
For further information regarding the carers direct payment scheme please contact us.
- more information on direct payments