We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
By-election 12 December 2019 – Clissold Ward
There will be a by-election to elect one councillor to the Clissold ward on 12 December 2019.
- notice of election – Clissold ward 12 December 2019
- notice of casual vacancy – councillor for the Clissold ward
The deadlines to participate in this election are:
- registering to vote – midnight on Tuesday 26 November
- apply for or cancel a postal vote or to change an existing proxy vote – 5pm on Wednesday 27 November
- apply for or cancel a proxy vote – 5pm on Wednesday 4 December
Please note the deadlines are when the fully completed applications need to reach the Electoral Services team, Room 40, Hackney Town Hall and not when you send them to us. We have no discretion to extend any deadline as they are set out in law.
Postal and proxy voting
You can’t apply for a postal or proxy vote by sending an email. You must fill out and send to us a fully completed application form by post or scanned as an attachment by email.
Digital signatures are not acceptable. Scans of actual signatures are acceptable.
Registering to vote
Filling out your name on a household enquiry form is not an application to register to vote. You must also fill out an individual registration form.
If you’re already registered to vote, you don’t need to apply again.
If you’re registered with One Account, you can check whether you’re registered to vote by logging into your One Account.