We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Business parking permits
Permits are now e-permits
Businesses based in Hackney can apply for a business permit for vehicles that are essential to the running of the business.
Paper permit holders should continue to display their permit until it expires.
If you’re applying for a change of vehicle or address related to your permit, an e-permit will be issued.
It’s quicker and easier to get your car covered with e-permits:
- start your permit today with no need to display anything in your vehicle
- civil enforcement officers can check your permit is valid using your vehicle registration number
The easiest, fastest and cheapest way to renew your permit is online.
Apply for a business permit
Before you start
You will need:
- an email address
- your vehicle registration number (for up to three vehicles)
- a debit or credit card
- to provide proof of your business (corporate tax, VAT return or your non-domestic rates bill). We will accept scanned copies or photos of supporting documents
What happens after you apply?
If you are entitled to apply for a business permit and submit everything we need to approve your application, we will deliver your permit within 2 working days. If your application is not successful, we will contact you to explain why or what you need to do to help us process it.
Apply by post
Print and complete the business parking permit application form and return it to us:
- for a new application, include your supporting documents for proof of business address
- to renew your permit, please allow at least 10 working days for your permit to be processed and sent out to you
We only accept a cheque or postal order, so please do not send cash by post.