Built on the empty site of the former Great Eastern Building railway offices close to London Fields, Great Eastern contains new shared ownership homes for people living and working in Hackney, as well as homes for outright sale to help fund our council housebuilding programme.
Great Eastern includes:
- 6 new council homes for shared ownership
- 12 homes for outright sale, helping to fund our housebuilding programme with little government funding for social housing
The shared ownership homes are prioritised for people living and working in Hackney who are unable to afford to buy a home outright but unlikely to be prioritised for social housing.
All the shared ownership homes are sold by our in-house sales team, Hackney Sales, in accordance with our sales and marketing principles.
Great Eastern was designed by Karakusevic Carson Architects, who have designed the homes to meet lifetime homes and high sustainability standards, with the brickwork reflecting the nearby Victorian housing and railway viaduct.
These homes are now complete and the first residents moved in during summer 2017.
Information for new residents
- leaseholders' rules and regulations
- your leasehold guide [pdf, 2.52MB]
- Direct Debit mandate for leaseholders and shared owners
- property alteration guide and application form for leaseholders only
- home user guide for Great Eastern [pdf, 952.03KB]
- estate regeneration programme [pdf, 246.99KB]
- application form for pets [doc, 62.56KB]
- Hackney regeneration estates leaseholder and freeholder options pack [pdf, 1.85MB]
- estimated service charges [pdf, 318.25KB]