We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
What businesses can do
If you’re a business, you can improve air quality by making changes to the vehicles you use, decreasing your energy use and making your buildings more efficient.
To improve air quality businesses can:
- use zero/low emission vehicles for deliveries and business travel
- encourage staff and visitors to walk, cycle or use public transport
- ensure premises are run in an energy efficient manner
- choose green energy suppliers
- dispose of waste in a sustainable way
Zero Emissions Network
The Zero Emissions Network (ZEN) is a tri-borough (Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets) initiative that helps businesses reduce their impact on air quality.
Join ZEN to get free bespoke advice and access to exclusive services, including:
- a grant of up to £2,000 to improve the workplace
- a free eco-audit of business premises to help reduce energy and save money
- a free business membership to Zipcar/City Car Club worth £160
- a free half days bike maintenance session
- free 1-2-1 cycle training for all your staff
- reduced fares for electric taxis
- free trials of electric cars and vans
- a free trial of cargo bikes
- exclusive discounts (eg 20% ZEN discount on Nissan Leaf)
- free advice on how all of these can save your business £££’s