The second phase of the EU settlement scheme pilot will start shortly. This will test the application process that EU citizens will use when the scheme opens fully to the public by 30 March 2019.
Details of the scheme
We offer a walk in service at Hackney Registration Service, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, Hackney, E8 1DY, on:
- Mondays (excluding bank holidays) 9am - 11.30am
- Tuesdays 9am - 11.30am
- Wednesdays - closed
- Thursdays 9am - 11.30am
- Fridays 9am -11.30am
Please note this service is currently very busy and waiting times may vary due to demand. Each walk in service can accommodate 15 applicants maximum and is offered on a first come first served basis.
During the appointment you will need to:
- provide verification of identity. This document will be electronically scanned and verified for you. Please bring to your appointment:
- EU citizens - a valid biometric passport. The scan will confirm your identity so that you'll be able to make an application for settled status. We don't keep your ID document and in most cases you'll not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during the application
- non-EU citizen family member - please see the settlement scheme eligibility requirements to see which ID document you need to provide
- provide a valid mobile telephone number. We need to send you an SMS text generated pin number during the appointment in order to proceed
- provide a valid email address. Once submitted, an email with instructions on how to complete your application will be sent to the email address you provide. You'll then complete your application yourself at a later time in line with the guidance provided on the email from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
The cost to attend an EU settlement service appointment is £14 (including VAT) for non-residents.
If you're a resident of Hackney you won't be charged for the appointment, but you must bring proof of your address, such as a recent council tax bill, bank statement or utility bill.