Tell us what you think about our site...


What if I move premises? 

What you need to tell us if you are moving premises  

If you are moving into business premises within the Borough for the first time, please download an Occupation Form (PDF)

If you are changing premises we need to be told promptly so that we can either send you a revised bill (if you are moving to premises within the Borough) or a closing account if you are moving to premises outside of the Borough.

By notifying us promptly, we can arrange to update your circumstances and also send the new occupiers their bill at the earliest possible time.

When you are moving premises, we need the following basic information to be able to deal with your change in circumstances:  

Basic information 

  • the address of the premises you are moving from
  • the address of the premises you are moving to
  • the date you are moving.

In addition to this basic information, it is helpful for us to have other useful information as this may prevent us having to contact you therefore causing a delay in updating your circumstances. 

Useful information 

  • your business rates account number to identify your account on our records
  • a daytime telephone number or e mail address
  • if you are a tenant, the name and address of your landlord, whether the property is furnished, the name of the new tenants
  • if you own the property, details of the agents arranging the sale of your premises or the name of the Solicitor acting for you on the sale.

You can telephone the business rates office and report your change in circumstances - please can you make sure you have all the information with you when telephoning.

Back to top

Page updated: 6 May 2014 

Share this page

Share |

Contact details

Business Rates (National Non Domestic Rates)
Opening Times
Mon to Fri: 9am - 5pm.
Tel:020 8356 3466